Re: Can't figure out CVS

On Thu, Jan 23, 2003 at 08:01:30PM -0500, Michael P. Soulier wrote:
> On 23/01/03 Pigeon did speaketh:
>
> > How do I use cvs to download the entire source tree of a project from
> > a cvs repository? (rhide, from sourceforge)
> >
> > I'm wasting too much time online via dialup trying to figure out where
> > the "modules" are, or how to identify them.
>
>     Typically the project will provide instructions, if they permit anonymous
> CVS access.

Well, sort of... they provide 2 lines of example, which don't help if
you can't figure out what "module" means. I was looking around for
lists of modules, files with module in the name, a modules
directory... Trying things like '*' and 'all' for module names... no
luck, and the phone bill clocking up while I messed around.

Turns out it's a terminology problem. A module seems to be what I
would call a directory. So eventually, using "rhide" as the module
name got me the whole thing.

cvs -z3 -d:pserver:anonymous@cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/rhide co rhide

Pigeon