Re: Lame,cdparanoia,AidioCD

Op do 23-01-2003, om 16:41 schreef David Z Maze:
> "Sergey A. Ovchar" <ovserg@kah.hs.ukrtel.net> writes:
> > How can I convert several *.wav to *.mp3, by the _one_ command, using lame. I'm interesting about batch mode.
> > Reading This F.. Manual didn't take desired effect :(.
> >
> > And how can I redirect output trom "cdparanoia -B" to the lame ?
>
> It sounds like you really want abcde, which is a nifty little
> console-mode program that rips, encodes, and tags everything off of a
> CD.  Also, the standard Ogg Vorbis encoder, oggenc, will take multiple
> files on its command line, so 'oggenc *.wav' will produce a directory
> full of .ogg files for you.
>
> --
> David Maze         dmaze@debian.org      http://people.debian.org/~dmaze/
> "Theoretical politics is interesting.  Politicking should be illegal."
> 	-- Abra Mitchell

abcde was going to be my suggestion too. I recently ripped some of my cd's
with it and it's a very good app which also support CDDB.
The config file is very easy to adjust.
If you use lame, it uses the default lame 128 kpbs settings.
I changed those to 224 like this: LAMEOPTS='-b 224'
Then everything ran smoothly and to my liking.

------
Benedict Verheyen
Linux 2.4.20 AMD Athlon(tm) Processor AuthenticAMD GNU/Linux