Re: Memory usage on debian

On Thu, Jan 23, 2003 at 06:20:22PM +0100, Charlie Imbusch wrote:
> As far as I know Linux in general tries to use a lot of your ram to
> achieve best performance. It buffers data which have already been read
> from your hdd, for the case that these data are requested again.
> I hope it's not non-sense I'm writing, please correct if something is
> wrong.

The kernel does read-ahead caching as well (on the assumption that if
you read the first 10k of a file, you might want the rest later), but
otherwise correct.

--
The freedoms that we enjoy presently are the most important victories of the
White Hats over the past several millennia, and it is vitally important that