Re: Linux with BSD libc..

Atifa Kheel said:
> SPAM: -------------------- Start SpamAssassin results
> SPAM: Content analysis details:   (6.30 hits, 5 required)

> Hello,
> i have a small doubt,
> i want to know whether the Debian GNU
> Linux has BSD libc or glibc?
> On the debain site is there any project
> which uses BSD libc for a Linux platform?
> thanx in advance
> Atifa

(spam results included intentionally)

while I didn't use *BSD back in the day, perhaps your referring to
a linux libc5 based distribution? Such a distribution would be very
old, Debian I think came out with their first glibc distribution in
1998. I know that slackware 3.2 and 3.4 which were my first distros
used libc5. Debian 3 still has libc5 compadiblity to some extent
via the libc5 package

not sure if libc5 on linux was at all related to libc on *BSD..

nate