Cannot open SCSI driver

Hello!

I am running woody and I have a cdrom and a cdwriter. I want to write cds using the cdwriter reading from the cdrom. Both are ATAPI devices, so I have compiled the kernel, 2.4.18, with the following options:

a) scsi generic support enabled
b) scsi cdrom support enabled
c) ATAPI cdrom support disabled

At boot time, the scsi support is started as we can see from the dmesg output:

hda: ST320413A, ATA DISK drive
hdc: CREATIVE CD5233E, ATAPI CD/DVD-ROM drive
hdd: Hewlett-Packard CD-Writer Plus 9500b, ATAPI CD/DVD-ROM drive

SCSI subsystem driver Revision: 1.00
scsi0 : SCSI host adapter emulation for IDE ATAPI devices
  Vendor: CREATIVE  Model:  CD5233E          Rev: 2.02
  Type:   CD-ROM                             ANSI SCSI revision: 02
  Vendor: HP        Model: CD-Writer+ 9500b  Rev: 1.06
  Type:   CD-ROM                             ANSI SCSI revision: 02
Attached scsi CD-ROM sr0 at scsi0, channel 0, id 0, lun 0
Attached scsi CD-ROM sr1 at scsi0, channel 0, id 1, lun 0
sr0: scsi3-mmc drive: 8x/56x cd/rw xa/form2 cdda tray
Uniform CD-ROM driver Revision: 3.12
sr1: scsi3-mmc drive: 31x/32x writer cd/rw xa/form2 cdda tray

So, I have the following scsi map:

                                adapter device channel id lun
CD5233E CD-ROM   scsi0       sr0     0          0   0
HP CD-Writer            scsi0       sr1     0          1   0

In the lilo.conf file I have the line append = "hdc=ide-scsi hdd=ide-scsi max_scsi_luns=1"

Apparently everything works fine, I can listen music with the cdrom and edit and copy files from the cdrom and cdwriter to the hd.

But when I run cdrecord with the -scanbus option I get the message:

nostromo:/home/chiappa# cdrecord -scanbus
Cdrecord 1.10 (i686-pc-linux-gnu) Copyright (C) 1995-2001 Jörg Schilling
cdrecord: No such file or directory. Cannot open SCSI driver.

thus, cdrecord cannot find the SCSI driver (scsi0?). But the scsi drive is readed during the boot process, as can be seen from the dmesg output above.

What is going wrong? Any help will be very appreciated!

Marcelo

--
Marcelo Chiapparini
DFT-IF/UERJ