Re: RAID & EXT2-fs error

On Tuesday 21 January 2003 11:31 pm, Michael Kahle wrote:
> > I am trying to install a Debian testing box with root on RAID
> > 1 following the instructions given at
> > http://karaolides.com/computing/HOWTO/lvmraid/
>
> I am working on setting up a system with this configuration.  I
> decided to work step by step with this howto to get my system
> running.  Thanks for the link.
>
> > Everything
> > works fine until I add the initial install disk into the RAID
> > array (http://karaolides.com/computing/HOWTO/lvmraid/node26.html).
>
> I'm sorry I can't help you with your specific problem, I was hoping
> that I could by working through this howto.  But I'm afraid that I am
> stuck as well.
>
> When I ran vgcreate it seamed to work fine.  However it lists the MAX
> LV Size as being 255.99GB.  This does not make sense with my
> configuration.  I have 5 SCSI disk partitions in a RAID5 array.  Each
> partition is 36446.22mb. My math shows I should have a MAX LV size of
> being 145784.88mb.  By running vgdisplay I show that my VG size is
> 169.71GB.  What am I missing?  How can your MAX LV Size be
> 255.99gb?!?
>
> As soon as I get this ironed out I will report back with my findings.
>  I can't wait to get this thing running.  Neat stuff.
>
> Michael

Hi,

Someone posted a howto they wrote that detailed Root-on-LVM-on-RAID
HOWTO to debian-user.

I am copying & pasting their post:

<post>
I've written a doc on how to install a Debian with root file system over
LVM and RAID.

If it's of any interest it can be found at this URL:
http://www.midhgard.it/docs/index_en.html

Any suggestion/criticism/correction is welcome.

Massimiliano

</post>

This may be of interest.

John