Re: evolution and email alliases

Op wo 22-01-2003, om 01:02 schreef Benedict Verheyen:
> Hello,
>
> i use evolution to make emails and exim to send them, so far it works
> great. However, i wanted to add an additional email address alias to
> evolution so that i can choose which email to use. Mind that these
> are actually the same account just other email addresses.
> In order to do this i have gone to the settings and added an
> email address there. Account data is same as the "normal" one.
> However, when i make a new mail and select that email addres
> and then send it, i get an error:
> Error while executing
> RCPT TO <destination emailaddress> failed. Syntactical error in
> parameters or arguments.
> I think exim has problems linking my internal name (benedict) to
> this email address because there is only 1 entry in
> /etc/email-addresses and that's this one:
> benedict: benedict.verheyen@pandora.be
>
> Is there a way to allow multiple send from addressess that map
> to the same account?
>
> Thanks
>
> ------
> Benedict Verheyen
> Linux 2.4.20 AMD Athlon(tm) Processor AuthenticAMD GNU/Linux
------ Benedict Verheyen Linux 2.4.20 AMD Athlon(tm) Processor
AuthenticAMD GNU/Linux
that could have helped. My setup is fetchmail to exim and procmail
for sorting in Maildir setup. Then i use an IMAP connection in
evolution to get my mail which works great.
However, when i use the first account, the second account is not
logged in but his status is displayed as "Connecting..." and it
stays that way and so i'm unable to send email with this email address.

The sollution was to set the 2nd account to use maildir format
instead of imap. I might even be able to not put anything there
at all and just specify the smtp server.
I'll try that once.