vlock inside a screen session

I noticed that when you use vlock inside a screen session, you cannot
unlock the tty anymore. It seems that the password authentication
fails; /etc/pam.d/vlock only contains the following line:

auth    required        pam_unix_auth.so

When I prepended the following lines, as in /etc/pam.d/login, vlock
started to scroll until I terminated it from another terminal:

auth       requisite    pam_securetty.so
auth       requisite    pam_nologin.so
auth       required     pam_env.so

Can anyone tell me what is going on here?

--
lenaerts.frank@pandora.be

Those who do not understand Unix are condemned to reinvent it, poorly."
-- Henry Spencer