Re: Security: system reboot?

On Mon, Jan 20, 2003 at 03:48:55AM -0800, Alvin Oga wrote:
> [snip]
> how do you know if there wasn't a simple power glitch ???

After several hours of my searching, somebody told me that power cut happened
yesterday morning all over the university, which was the reason for the
system reboot. This was the first undesirable reboot on my woody box.

> [snip]
> 	- if you dont know what the md5sum is supposed to be for
> 	each binary... consider this a "wakeup call" and protect
> 	your server better against future problems like this

I shall create md5sum snapshot of all the binaries. I already installed
the package tiger just now.

Thank you.

Qian