Re: debian-user-digest Digest V2003 #198

>> I like to do programming in the Linux environment
>> cause I love VIM.  I can run VIM as root, but not
as
>> cmmiller.

>I've never had that problem with vim.  What happens
>when you try?

I'm not getting any of the color coding that VIM does
when programming GCC or GCC++.  But directories now
blue and ./ files are now green.

>> Also, I have been able to set .bashrc preferences
as
>> root, like "rm = rm -i".  This works for root, but
>>not
>> for my user cmmiller.
>>
>> How can I make these changes for cmmiller as well?

>In ~cmmiller/.bash_profile uncomment:

  >if [ -f ~/.bashrc ]; then
      source ~/.bashrc
  >fi

>--
>Seneca
>seneca-cunningham@rogers.com

That did it, thanks, the aliases work now.  But what
did I uncomment here?

-Chris

=====
"As a taxpayer, why should I support the war against Iraq this time, when it wasn't done right the first time? "