Re: dhclient3 and event scripts

martin f krafft wrote:
> before i go ahead and hack'n'tweak dhclient3 so that it calls one
> script when it looses an IP for whatever reason and another when it
> gets a new one, i'd like to ask the community if someone has already
> done so. i am a little confused by the dhclient3 paradigm and would
> much more prefer to build upon someone else's work who understood the
> thing a bit better than i do. all i am trying to do is control IPsec,
> pulling down a VPN tunnel when an IP is lost and renegotiating SAs
> when a new IP is assigned.

Well, you should already have all the help you need:
/etc/dhcp3/
|-- dhclient-enter-hooks.d
|   `-- debug-enter
|-- dhclient-exit-hooks.d
|   `-- debug-exit
|-- dhclient-script
|-- dhclient.conf

read the top of debug-enter and debug-exit and all should be well, shouldn't
it?

HS

PS: I am using sarge. If you use woody and do not have these files, try to
recompile a more current package or get the necessary files by manually
extracting them from a newer package.