Re: Detecting the fysical mouse URGENT

On Sun, Jan 19, 2003 at 01:04:20PM -0800, Joris Huizer wrote:
> Hi everybody,
>
> As some of you allready knows I've got many problems
> to get an USB mouse working (I only have that USB
> mouse)
>
> I allready posted this before but I got not even one
> reply on it so I think most of you must have missed it
> or something.
>
> I'm kind of sure The mouse is not at all found be
> Debian - so something is very wrong - missing a driver
> or whatever, unfortunately I just don't have an idea
> what it is - or what I should do to get it fixed :-(

Are you trying to use the mouse in X or in console with gpm or both?

If X, what are the mouse related lines in /etc/X11/XF86Config-4?

What is reported about the mouse in /var/log/XFree86.0.log?

Have you loaded all the usb kernel modules you need or compiled them
into your kernel?

If gpm, what is output of "cat /etc/gpm.conf"?

When you run "/sbin/lsmod", what is the output?

When you unplug the mouse from the usb port and plug it back in, what
is reported in /var/log/messages?

--
Jerome