Re: dependancy not found (apt-get)

On Sun, Jan 19, 2003 at 10:18:53AM -0600, Jor-el wrote:
> 	I am trying to use my apt preferences setup to install "straw"
> from unstable onto my stable system. Here is what I get :
[...]
> trillian:/etc/apt# apt-get install -t unstable straw python-gnome2
> python2.2-gnome2 libnautilus2-2 libgnome-desktop-0
[...]
> Package libgnome-desktop-0 has no available version, but exists in the
> database.
> This typically means that the package was mentioned in a dependency and
> never uploaded, has been obsoleted or is not available with the contents
> of sources.list
> E: Package libgnome-desktop-0 has no installation candidate
>
> 	(1) What does this mean and (2) Is there hope for me?

It's interesting... I run unstable, and apt can't find
libgnome-desktop-0, but its dependancies are listed at
http://packages.debian.org/unstable/libs/libgnome-desktop-0.html and
it doesn't seem to exist anywhere else... Maybe you'll be able to
install straw later.

--
Seneca
seneca-cunningham@rogers.com