Re: talkd through ipmasq

This one time, at band camp, Paul Johnson said:
> I've been trying to get talkd to be redirected from my network's
> gateway to Ursine so ktalkd can actually be useful.
>
> What I've tried so far hasn't worked.
>
> iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -i eth0 -p any --dport 517 -j DNAT --to-destination 192.168.0.4:517
>
> I also tried -p udp and that didn't work either.  Any ideas?

Try dumping the port specification - it should be remapped automagically
so long as you're using the same port.  Also, I see in the manpage that
--to-destination is the correct syntax, but I use --to (by itself) on one
of my boxes (maybe that was the syntax in an older incarnation?), and it
works just fine.
|  Stephen Gran                  | Lie, n.:  A very poor substitute for    |
|  steve@lobefin.net             | the truth, but the only one  discovered |
|  http://www.lobefin.net/~steve | to date.                                |