Re: MOUSE won't function

On Fri, Jan 17, 2003 at 08:43:04AM -0800, Joris Huizer wrote:
> Hi everybody,
>
> First of all, sory about the number of mails I
> allready have sent about this subject - I just want to
> get debian working as soon as possible and it seems
> the *only* problem right now is the lame mouse...
>
> I had a look at the page. However, it says I have to
> run:
>
> gpm -m /dev/input/mice -t imps2
>
> (which doesn't do anything as gpm is allready running)
> - and it says I can make this default by editing the
> "initialisation file named sumething like rc.d" -
> however it doesn't tell were that is in Debian - can
> you tell me where I should  edit ?
>
> Thanks in advance

gpm may be your problem then. You have to use the -R option to make it
repeat the mouse data on /dev/gpmdata, then edit your XF86Config to
read from /dev/gpmdata instead of /dev/psaux or /dev/input/mice.

Alternatively, if you're not interested in using the mouse in text
consoles, try killing gpm altogether.

Either way the "initialisation file named something like rc.d" will be
/etc/init.d/gpm.

Pigeon