Re: 80 80 80 80 80 80 ... after new install reboot with SCSI

On 1/17/03 6:58 AM, "Shyamal Prasad" wrote:

>   "Emil" == Emil Hägerlund <deb-list@linuxmail.org> writes:
>
>   Emil> I do that ("Second stage").  What I then get is "LILO" promt
>   Emil> cut off to "LI" or "L" and then it starts printing "80" in
>   Emil> an endless cycle.

We had the same thing happen to a HP Vectra box. Thought the HD went out and
slew of other things. Went to HP site and found it as an error code. We went
into the bios and reset it. Rebooted and been fine ever since. Not sure what
happened that day and probably never will. May have been some type of power
surge, but we run all the boxes on UPS's so go figure.
--
Thanks!!
David Thurman