Re: CDRom and "zip" drive don't mount

--- Cameron Matheson <cmatheson3@hotpop.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Friday 17 January 2003 01:19 am, Joris Huizer
> wrote:
> > I've just found cdroms won't mount - and the "zip"
> > drives don't work either.
>
> What exactly happens when you try to mount them?
>
> > These are the drives, according to the kern.log :
> >
> > hda: IC35L040AVER07-0, ATA DISK Drive
> > hdb: Maxtor 2F040J0, ATA DISK Drive
> > hdc: CRD-8482B, ATAPI CDROM drive
> > hdd: IOMEGA ZIP 250 ATAPI, ATAPI FLOPPY drive
>
> In your fstab you have /dev/cdrom listed instead of
> /dev/hdc, is cdrom a
> symlink to hdc?  I don't know why the zip drive
> doesn't work... please be a
> little more specific about what happens when you try
> to mount
>
> Cam

Changin /dev/cdrom to /dev/hdc solved the prob for
cdroms ! :-)

When I say
 mount /zip
I get the the message
 mount: mount point /zip does not exist

Maybe it's important to know I added the line of
/dev/hdd to get it to mount myself - debian didn't add
it automatically so I thought I had to add myself -
maybe I have to edit more ?

Thanks in advance!