Re: xfig misbehaving (so is fig2dev)

One suggestion would be to mess around with the 'levels' that xfig
provides.  It could be that your object is hiding on one of those
other levels that isn't visible.

Otherwise, I know you said that reading the spec wasn't an easy option,
but I was able to write a Perl script that converted black lines to
white lines (and vice versa, for converting for dark/light backgrounds
like in the prosper package) after spending about 30 mins. with the
spec.  There's really not much to it.

I'm highly dubious of your charge of fig2dev spitting out bad PS.  That
piece of software has been around for at least 15 years, so things
should be (for the most part) ironed out.  I'm not saying it can't
happen, I haven't used fig2dev or xfig in a while, I just don't think
that's the "Occam's razor" solution.

BTW: love your sigs!

Stephen W. Juranich                         sjuranic@ee.washington.edu
Electrical Engineering         http://students.washington.edu/sjuranic