ATI rage Mobility M1 and 3D accerelation

HI,
I have a sony vaio laptop pcg-fxa36 aka fx405 .
I think it has ATI Rage Mobility M1 graphics chip .
so I downloaded Mach64 version of DRI binaries.
untared it in X11R6 directory and did the installation
.
it seemed to have installed ok, but when I rebooted,
there was no 3D accerelation.
I ran glxgears but again FPS was about 180 per sec .
which is same as earlier and even the CPU usage is
100% .

so what did I do wrong .
please help .

thanks in advance