RE: Follow-up: Worst night ever...

Thanks to the both of you for your comments.  My boss gave me the go ahead
to purchase a Hardware RAID controller.  I figured this would be a more
robust solution that the Software RAID.  Any suggestions on a brand?  I am
going to install Debian Woody on this computer so ideally I would want the
controller to be very well supported under Debian.  I would love it if it
would be natively supported during setup, or as a preloaded module.

I can fit a 64 bit pci card into this thing, and if it will yield faster
access, I would be willing to go for it.  It is just going to be these six
drives hooked up to it, so I don't need one that has 4 external array ports
on the back or anything fancy like that.  Six drives only, perhaps one
external port for later use... But unlikely.  Famous last words...  :)

Michael