Re: Getting SSI to work

-- Rus Foster <rghf@fsck.me.uk> wrote
(on Thursday, 16 January 2003, 10:33 AM +0000):
> I've just setup apache on a test box and I can't for the life of me get
> Server Side Includes working
>
> I've edited apache.conf so...
>
>  AddType text/html .shtml
>     AddHandler server-parsed .shtml
>
> <Directory /var/www/>
>
> #
> # This may also be "None", "All", or any combination of "Indexes",
> # "Includes", "FollowSymLinks", "ExecCGI", or "MultiViews".
> #
> # Note that "MultiViews" must be named *explicitly* --- "Options All"
> # doesn't give it to you.
> #
>     Options All +Includes
You don't need "All" AND "+Includes" -- you can have just "All" here, or
a list of the options you want. It could be that +Includes is causing
problems as a duplicate.

> # This controls which options the .htaccess files in directories can
> # override. Can also be "All", or any combination of "Options", "FileInfo",
> # "AuthConfig", and "Limit"
> #
>     AllowOverride None
>
> #
> # Controls who can get stuff from this server.
> #
>     Order allow,deny
>     Allow from all
> </Directory>
>

> Am I missing something? Nothing in the error_log
Next step: Did you stop and start Apache after making the change(s)? If
not, do so (should be /etc/init.d/apache stop && /etc/init.d/apache
start -- I find that reload doesn't always do the trick, for whatever
reasons).

Are the pages you're trying to utilize labeled with the .shtml
extension? Are they in /var/www and/or its tree?

--
Matthew Weier O'Phinney
matthew@weierophinney.net