Re: how to set my email address on outgoing mail?

Lo, on Wednesday, January 15, Adam did write:

> On my ISP shell account I can  set my email address in Emacs when using
> RMAIL but this doesn't work on my Debian box, is this exim's doing?

I don't think so; I'm able to configure my outgoing email address
successfully using VM, XEmacs, and Debian.  Have you set
user-mail-address?  What's showing up in the From header when you send
mail from your Debian machine?

Richard