Re: Broken symlinks, now no panels [SOLVED]

All that was required was to type panel in a gnome-terminal, which reset my ~/.gnome/session file.

Tim wrote:
Hi,

Second time this has happened to me. Computer crashed, some library symlinks were broken-they were pointing to unknown files, eg
librt.so.1 -> librt-2.2.5.so
was changed to
librt.so.1 -> librt-2..so

I've corrected those I could find, and have my system booting again. But within Gnome, I've lost my panels. Could someone suggest what symlinks I should look for so I can correct them? I've been through the /lib directory but no others at this stage. I'm running Stable 3.0r0, 2.4.18 kernel.

Thanks,

Tim B.