Re: md5sum & cmp don't work on wav & avi files

On Wed, Jan 15, 2003 at 00:54 -0600, Alex Malinovich wrote:
> 3 different file systems here, 2 different machines, same md5sum and no
> differences reported by cmp. I'd guess it's a bad drive or possibly bad
> RAM.

I ran memtest86 and you're both right... bad ram. :(  memtest found bad
ram in test 5 not on the old machine but on a newer machine that I
didn't suspect.  I've been running this machine for a while without any
obvious problems so it's surprising to me...  installed debian and
compiled kernels without problems...

Should I be thinking of reinstalling from scratch after replacing the
ram?  :( Is there a way of checking md5sums of installed debs?

Thanks,
Michael