re: Sid upgrade pango/locale probs? (fwd)

sorry please reply to my last message from this address {:)

cheers Peter vdM

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2003 22:42:07 +1100 (EST)
From: Peter Van Der Male <peter@mobtek.net>
To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
Subject: re: Sid upgrade pango/locale probs?

Hi all,
	just upgraded Sid, running gnome2 etc, now after the upgrade Gnome
won't start, the screen is rendered in 2 small squares of different parts
of the screen and then it exits.
The only thing I see at the console is a Gtk_WARNING about locale not
supported and there's nothing in the logs.
I did an apt-get install totem just before the upgrade and this installed
some libxft2 packages.
Anyone else seen this on Sid and know what to fix?

cheers Peter van der Male

p.s. Please reply off list as this address is not subscribed