Re: email-fax gateway - need suggestions

Apologies for not responding to the start of the thread - it had gone
before I realised I wanted to contribute ...

> On Mon, Jan 13, 2003 at 09:36:05PM -0500, Neal Lippman wrote:
> >
> > My project is basically to provide a mechanism so someone can email to a
> > an address in my office (eg "fax@office.com") and have that email
> > automatically faxed out.

Wouldn't it be easier, and perhaps more intuitive, to send these emails
to recipient@fax.office.com? That way the sender can just specify all
the recipients on the To (or CC or BCC) line in the normal way, instead
of mucking round with putting stuff in the first line of the message or
the Subject. The mailer could probably handle the LDAP lookups too, so
the address would end up as number@fax.office.com.

Richard