Re: gcc-3.2 transition breaks build of KDE packages

On Tue, Jan 14, 2003 at 07:05:05PM -0500, Vikki Roemer wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 14, 2003 at 01:31:54PM -0800, Alexander Hvostov wrote:
> > On Mon, 2003-01-13 at 21:54, criggie wrote:

[Where'd this thread come from, by the way, out of curiosity? -kde?]

> > > You're a male - getting girls interested in anything outside anime/dbz,
> > > $insert-boy-band-here, and chatting is enough of a task.  Most (not all
> > > but most) haven't twigged to what a network is, even fundamentally.
>
> Yeah, I've noticed that.  Every time I (accidently) say something
> interesting and meaningful (to me, at least) during a youth group
> meeting, everybody just looks at me like I'm sprouting antennae.
>
> "ISP? What's that?"  Someone seriously asked me that.  "Computer
> language?  You mean you're learning how to talk to computers?  How do
> you talk to them?" *sigh*  Those quotes from the future of
> America... *rolls eyes*

*cringe*

> > > Yes, there are exceptions, but generally the exceptions are too smart to
> > > take computing at high school.
> >
> > Or pay attention to males.
>
> Why do you say that?  I never found that to be true.  Usually we're
> shy-- get beaten up enough times, you'd be shy, too.  Besides, there
> are 3 types of 15-year-old guys-- the ones who hate nerds (all nerds,
> that is; girls aren't let off the hook); the ones who are scared off by
> girls who are slightly more intelligent  than average; and the guys
> who are also somewhat more intelligent than average, but are so shy
> that they can't put 2 words together when they're within 20 feet of a
> girl.  Or at least, that was my experience; anyone else care to
> comment?

That sounds accurate enough, and my experience at that age was that it
was pretty much the same with genders reversed as well.

It was only about three or four years ago that I started digging myself
out of the third category, too. Sigh.

Cheers,