Re: Web based IM

On Tue, 14 Jan 2003 10:44:48 -0800 (PST)
"Tim Grogan" <tim@grocomm.com> wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> My company has decided to shutdown all IM services on our corporate
> network. Does anyone know of a web based IM that doesn't need a client
> to connect.  It doesn't have to be really fancy.  Thanks for your
> help.
>
> Tim
>
> btw I can connect to my home server via https, that's how I'm using
> squirrelmail :)

I've been looking into something similar for a java-free chat room on my
server. If you go to freshmeat.net and jabber.org and do a search on
"cgi chat" or something similar, you should be able to find several
options.

Let me know what you end up using. It's still "in progress" on my list
of to-dos. :-)

HTH,
Jacob

-----
GnuPG Key: 1024D/16377135

In a world without fences, who needs Gates?
http://www.linux.org/