NVidia source compiling problems

Hi everybody...

I've been trying to get the packages nvidia GeForce 2
MX video card working before before christmas but I
gave up then and temporarily installed the redhad 8.0;
:-S

Today I installed Debian woody again. And,
unfortunately, I still don't see what's going on and
why it's not working - I installed the kernel source
and I point to that but the nvidia-kernel-source
doesn't compile - still complaining about a missing .h
file :-(
You  must think I'm not smart on this but I never had
to compile something like a video card driver :-(

Please help!

thanks in advance,

regards,

Joris Huizer