Re: MIT versus Heimdal Kerberos 5

Frank Lenaerts <lenaerts.frank@pandora.be> writes:
> I configured MIT Kerberos 5 and can now use kerberised telnet, ftp,
> rlogin and ssh. However, I also want to have X over Kerberos.

My understanding is that you don't, really, and that the Kerberos code
that appears in X might have maybe done authentication but not
encryption when built against a really ancient pre-release of MIT
krb5.  Around here, everyone uses ssh's X forwarding (with Kerberos
authentication).  The ssh-krb5 package provides this, though you need
to enable all of the options manually and remember to generate a
keytab for the machine.

	-- Abra Mitchell