Re: Saving mail to another user's account

On Mon, Jan 13, 2003 at 12:39:24PM +0000, Rus Foster wrote:
> On Mon, 13 Jan 2003, Chris Kenrick wrote:
>
> > The story behind this one is that I want to save some emails that come
> > through my POP3 account to my local user to another account (that of my
> > wife).  I don't want to forward them, because replying to a forward
> > ends up sending the message to me (in Evolution, anyway).  At present I'm
> > manually picking and saving messages from my account into her mail
> > spool.  It then occurred to me that there is probably some proper MDA
> > way to do this (and easier than the multiple step process that I
> > currently use).  Any ideas, anyone?  I'm running exim in daemon mode as
> > my MDA, and mutt as my MUA.
>
> You can try installing procmail and putting in a recipe similar to
>
> * ^myregexp.*
> !otheraccount

Guess I could do that.  What happens when I already have a message that
I decide needs to be copied to my wife's mailbox?  Sure, I can update
the .procmailrc but that doesn't deal with the existing message.  Unless
I then pipe the message through procmail and then delete it.

- Chris