Re: Debian as a Personal Video Recorder??

On Mon, Jan 13, 2003 at 03:20:54AM -0500, nick lidakis wrote:
> Is there anyone here on the list that is using Debian as a personal
> video recorder? Anybody able to get an unattended machine to record a
> couple of different shows a week? I think I'm gonna need a WinTV card,
> as these seem to be linux supported, but apt-cache search doesn't turn
> up any relevant software? Anyone successfully using Freevo??

Dunno if it does what you want, but there's a 'vcr' package in sid (at
least):

 segments of video from any device supported by video4linux. It doesn't
 require a graphical environment, and you can use all popular windows
 codecs (like DivX, Indeo Video 5, etc) because VCR is built around the
 avifile library.

-rob