Re: Recommendation for dual head video card

On Fri, Jan 10, 2003 at 05:31:24PM +0100, Kjetil Kjernsmo wrote......

> On Thu, 2003-01-09 at 14:45, Bill Moseley wrote:
> >  Any suggestions?  3D support, too?
>
> I have a Matrox Millennium G450, and while I haven't actually run it
> dual-head, it has support for that. It is not particulary good for 3D,
> it is definately not a "gamer"-card, but it is very nice when you're
> staring at the screen for 13 hours a day (I should get a life, soon,
> anyway... :-) ). The OpenGL 2D support is nice. It was relatively cheap
> too.
>
> Matrox has written some config-software for it, that they have GPLed. It
> is in Debian, check out the mgapdesk package in Woody.

Similarly, I have the Matrox G550, and it works quite well.  I'm not a
gamer, so I can't speak for that aspect of it.  But in all other
respects it's been great.  I did the config of it by downloading the
Linux drivers for it from the Matrox site.  Didn't know about mgapdesk
until the post above came through.  Will have to have a look at it.

Kevin

--
Kevin Coyner
mailto: kevin@rustybear.com