Re: 3c90x drive

Ron Johnson said:
> On Thu, 2003-01-09 at 13:50, nate wrote:
>> Stephen Gran said:
>>
>> > It's a kernel module. Definitely in the later 2.2 series, don't
>> rememebr if it's also in 2.4
>>
>> I think it's only included with donald becker's drivers(not with the
>> official kernel). I think he uses it to improve code portability between
>> 2.0, 2.2 and 2.4 kernels.
>>
>> donald's drivers are available @ http://www.scyld.com/network
>
> But aren't his drivers in the kernel.org source trees since, heck, since
> well before v1.0?

some are, but I don't think the pci-scan stuff is. seems his stuff gets
merged very rarely, and when it does it's hacked up by other people. Perhaps
they take out the dependencies of the pci-scan stuff.

everytime I've built one of his drivers into the kernel I copied the
pci-scan.c and .h as well as a kern_compat.h(?) and the driver to
the networking driver tree, edited the makefile to include pci-scan and
build the driver directly into the kernel(I like static kernels out of
habbit).

nate