Problem: 'bad interpreter: Permission denied'

Hi all,

I have a small problem and was hoping that someone else out there has
experienced and resolved it for themselves at some stage in the past.

Basically, whenever I attempt to execute a script it dies with the 'bad
interpreter: Permission denied' catch-cry. So far this is sh and perl
files i.e. files beginning with "#!/bin/sh" or "#!/usr/bin/perl".

Ok, I know what your thinking, the x bit hasn't been set on either
/bin/sh and /usr/bin/perl OR on the script files themselves. Well they
have.

The only thing that I can think of that has changed on the system is
that I installed the Sun Java SDK, however, doing this on another system
hasn't caused any problems.

Any ideas ??

Here are some examples:

# ll /bin/sh
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root 4 Jan  1 04:19 /bin/sh -> bash

# ll /bin/bash
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root 499k Apr  9  2002 /bin/bash

# ll /usr/bin/perl
-rwxr-xr-x    3 root     root 690k Dec  1 05:01 /usr/bin/perl

# ll /export/software/custom/email_sigs.pl
-rwxr-xr-x    1 peter    users 822 Dec  7 15:10
/export/software/custom/email_sigs.pl

# /export/software/custom/email_sigs.pl
bash: /export/software/custom/email_sigs.pl: /usr/bin/perl: bad
interpreter: Permission denied

# /opt/resin/configure
bash: /opt/resin/configure: /bin/sh: bad interpreter: Permission denied

# ll /opt/resin/configure
-rwxrwxr-x    1 peter    users 120k Nov  9 03:41 /opt/resin/configure

Thanks in advance ....

Peter Johnson

--

I read the FM, and it didn't work.