Re: changing IPs

Richard_Lofgren@3com.com writes:
> I have a Pentium 200 MMX running Debian Linux v1.3.  The machine has
> recently moved and now needs a new fixed IP as it is functioning as a
> server.  What files need to be modified for this IP change?

You should only need to change /etc/network/interfaces.  You might
also need to change /etc/hosts; if your hostname has changed, you also
need to change /etc/hostname.

> I have modified the file at /etc/init.d/network.  Is that the right
> thing to do?

"Probably not"; I don't have a file by that name at all.
/etc/init.d/networking fires up the network but doesn't have any
obvious frobs for you to change.

	-- Abra Mitchell