Re: can't get 5% of internet

    "Donald" == Donald D Daniel <donald.daniel@worldnet.att.net> writes:

    Donald> Ever since I loaded Debian 3.0 on my machine I have not
    Donald> been able to reach about 5% of the internet.  I upgraded
    Donald> to 3.0r1, and still have the problem.  Anything I cannot
    Donald> reach with Mozilla, I also cannot reach with Lynx.
    Donald> Example URLs that I cannot reach are:

    Donald> www.lib.ttu.edu www.sonystyle.com www.rainbird.com
    Donald> www.philipsusa.com

I'm running 3.0r1 and I can reach everyone of these sites. Perhaps
your problem is not Debian specific? Maybe a router or ISP problem
somewhere at your site? Can you reach these sites on some other OS
and/or system? Can you telnet to port 80 on these sites?

    Donald> The only thing "unusual" I did was load SSH when I
    Donald> installed the system.

I run SSH too. It not "unusual" at all ;-)

    Donald> I have an Alpha EV5 with IDE drive and dial up modem.

    Donald> If anyone knows what this problem is all about, I would
    Donald> appreciate the info.

Sorry I can't help but to provide a data point.

Cheers!
Shyamal