Re: basics about nntpservers, slrnpull, slrn

On 1/7/2003 12:11 PM, Frederik Ferner wrote:

I have leafnode running for a the same purpose for a few years now.
Once set up, you don't need to worry about it anymore. And there is no
reason to restrict your users to a specific newsreader.

Yeah I would use leafnode as well it's a little more robust then slrnpull for more than one user.

I've had leafnode running under Debian without too much issue. The main issue for me, was setting it up (in the way I was used to in other distros). I don't like the way Debian sets up leafnode at first. It assumes everyone has a dialup ISP connection.

OP, Robert Land:
If you would like any help getting it set up (leafnode, slrn). Email me offlist and I'll help in anyway I can.