Re: gnome2

On Tue, 2003-01-07 at 11:02, Jianbo Wang wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I updated my woody gnome1.4 to gnome2.0  yesterday, and I change kdm to
> gdm. When I login to gnome2, gnome2 is mixed with fvwm2, gnome2 is just
> one of 9 windows of fvwm. And every time I login, I need locate two
> panels. How can I use full gnome2 without other window manager?
> Since I am not on mailing list, please reply or cc to me. Thanks!
This is a problem with gnome-wm and the alternatives system in debian.
update-alternatives --config x-window-manager
You should do this as root and choose either sawfish or metachity.  I
use metacity and would recomend it over sawfish.  Also another
posibility is to do:
killall fvwm2 && metacity&
then logout being sure to save your session and next time you login as
that user you will have metacity(but only for that user).

--
Scott Henson <debian-list@silvercoin.dyndns.org>