nms-textcounter problem

I seem to be having problems getting the nms-textcounter cgi script to
work. I've copied it to /usr/lib/cgi-bin, edited it appropriately, and
added the line "<!--#exec cgi="/cgi-bin/textcounter.pl"-->" as the
readme suggests.

I tried going directly to the script, by typing in the url
http://my.host.domain/cgi-bin/script.pl and noticed it was erroring out
because it didn't have a data directory. I mkdir'ed that, and reloaded
the script url and it now properly counts each hit. However, it's still
not showing up in the index.shtml file. It doesn't even seem to be
registering the hits.

Any tips anyone could give would be appreciated.

Jacob

-----
GnuPG Key: 1024D/16377135

In a world without fences, who needs Gates?
http://www.linux.org/