Re: windows apps under debian

> On Mon, 2003-01-06 at 22:53, John Griffiths wrote:
> > Hello all,
> >
> > I'm about to attempt a desktop linux trial in my office and
> > need some advice on approaches to applicaiton portability.

I know I'll get shot for saying this (on this list), but if this is
going to be a desktop trial at an office where everybody is currently a
Windows user, you might want to look at Xandros rather than pure Debian.
Xandros is Debian-based, so you can apt-get all the Debian packages.
Crossover Office is included with Xandros, and that should handle most
of your Windows apps until you can migrate to 100% Linux. But Xandros
costs money (US$99) while Debian is free.

Good luck.
Robert