Re: [Fwd: woody for alpha?]

This one time, at band camp, mcompengr@earthlink.net said:
> Hi,
>
> On 30 Nov. 2002 I decided to go for Debian and I still am unable
> to obtain it.  Has it been "ported" to the Alpha architecture?
> I paid the asking price offered by two of the listed "vendors"
> and have yet to receive a response to my numerous emails and my
> PayPal payment for the same.  Bottom line:  I care nothing about
> anything other than somehow obtaining the Debian unix on CD's.
>
> Thank you,
> Martin

Hello Martin,
Cross posting is generally discouraged, especially with something like
this - try doing some online research, then asking the user list, and
going from there.

However, try:
http://www.debian.org/CD/vendors/ for a place to buy the CD, or
http://www.debian.org/distrib/cd for a place to download a cd image

Yes it is ported to alpha, and 10 other architectures as well.  Check:
http://www.debian.org/ports/alpha/

Enjoy,
|  Stephen Gran                  | The end of the world will occur at      |
|  steve@lobefin.net             | three p.m., this Friday, with symposium |
|  http://www.lobefin.net/~steve | to follow.                              |