Unhappy, Bouncing, CDs

This has only started happening since I got devfs working.

If I insert an ISO CD into the drive, everything is honky-dory.

If I insert a music CD into the drive, after about 30 seconds it comes back
out.

hmm, not sure what info would be useful.
debian sarge, 2.4.20-benh (Ben Herrenschmidt's PowerPC kernel)
Yes, I'm sure devfsd is running correctly.

It's definitely not mission critical, but it's nice to be able to show off
the piece of art on my desk, so maybe other people will use Debian.

:)