Re: can not enter gnome session, plese help

On Sun, 2002-12-29 at 19:11, eric wrote:
> Dear free desktop.org:
>
>   I used debian, and upgrade to xfree86 to 4.2.1 then my gnome session can
> not be entered, it work well in 4.0
>
>   how do I know what xfree86 and gnome version right now I install in my
> linux system?

Standard 1st question: do you see anything "interesting" at or near
the end of ~/.xsession-errors?

| Ron Johnson, Jr.     mailto:ron.l.johnson@cox.net          |
| Jefferson, LA  USA   http://members.cox.net/ron.l.johnson  |
| "Basically, I got on the plane with a bomb. Basically, I   |
|  tried to ignite it. Basically, yeah, I intended to damage |
|  the plane."                                               |
|    RICHARD REID, who tried to blow up American Airlines    |
|                  Flight 63                                 |