Help on iptables

Hi, folks:

I have a new machine running Linux 2.4.20 set up as a
bridge between an outside cable service and an
internal home network.  The outside NIC uses DHCP, and
the inside network has a fixed IP address system.

As things stand now, when I take down the firewall
established by the default firestarter config script,
I can see the inside network and the outside network
from the bridge.  From the inside machines I can see
all the other inside machines and the bridge, but not
the outside world.  So both NICs are working
correctly.

When I put the firewall back up, I can no longer see
the inside machines, and they can't see me, but they
can still see each other.

So the problems that I have are that the default
firewall is not permitting any traffic to the inside
network, and the firewall is not forwarding
appropriate inside traffic to the external NIC with
masquerading.

I had gotten pretty much up to speed with ipchains,
but iptables is very new to me.  Could you answer
three questions for me:

1.  What is the magic to open my internal network
(eth0) to all traffic.

2.  What is the magic to permit forwarding and
masquerading of the internal traffic directed to
outside machines?

3.  What is a good source of documentation about
iptables so that I can get up to speed with it.

Many thanks in advance for any help that you can give
me.

Larry Hunsicker