Re: Real Text-Mode

> On Sun, Jan 05, 2003 at 08:56:41AM +0100, Harald Wopenka wrote:
> > Does anyone know how to tell debian it should not switch to graphic
> > mode?(640x480 16 cols) I want it to boot in ordinary textmode, but I
> > wasn't able to do it. vga=normal in lilo.conf did not work. Using
> > rdev to alter the kernel file did not work either...

Ah, yes, I asked the same question a few weeks ago on this list, and
some kind soul responded with the correct answer (sorry, I can't
remember his name, but I remember his answer).

Rather than "vga=normal", try using this:

video=vga16:off

Don't know exactly why it works, but it works.

regards,
Robert