Re: Real Text-Mode

----- Original Message -----
From: "Paul Johnson" <baloo@ursine.dyndns.org>
To: <debian-user@lists.debian.org>
Sent: Sunday, January 05, 2003 9:15 AM
Subject: Re: Real Text-Mode

On Sun, Jan 05, 2003 at 08:56:41AM +0100, Harald Wopenka wrote:
> Does anyone know how to tell debian it should not switch to graphic mode?
> (640x480 16 cols) I want it to boot in ordinary textmode, but I wasn't
able
> to do it. vga=normal in lilo.conf did not work. Using rdev to alter the
> kernel file did not work either...

Not exactly giving us enough detail here.... is X starting or are we
talking framebuffer penguins on boot or what?

---

No X... just the console. I want it in standard non-graphic textmode (like
in redhat for example). But for some reason it does always switch to
graphicsmode. I can't believe that this is just for that little
penguin-image.....