Re: mail server

On Sat, Jan 04, 2003 at 07:16:40PM +0100, Lukas Ruf wrote:
| * Raymond Gree <raymond.gree@wanadoo.fr> [2003-01-04 19:11]:
|
| > actually I can directly receive email with exim (without using my
| > internet provider mail server) now I would like to send email again
| > without using my internet provider mail server
| >
| > my question (perhaps stupid) is it possible to do so?
|
| If your ISP does not do any port filtering, it's possible without any
| further problems!

Almost.  Some sites will reject your connection just because you have
a dynamic address.

If you are running the 'eximconfig' script, the above description is
an "Internet site".

-D

--
Microsoft DNS service terminates abnormally when it receives a response
to a dns query that was never made.

http://dman.ddts.net/~dman/