Re: /etc/resolv.conf keeps getting overwritten

On Sat, 2003-01-04 at 16:25, Nori Heikkinen wrote:
> on Sun, 05 Jan 2003 09:01:57AM +1100, David Gardner insinuated:
> > Nori Heikkinen <nori@sccs.swarthmore.edu> wrote:
> > <snip>
> > > i don't changed anything as root between relapses, so i can't figure
> > > out what's causing this.  any ideas?
> >
> > If you're using dhclient, check out /etc/dhclient-script.  There's a
> > function make_resolv_conf() in there which overwrites /etc/resolv.conf
> > whenever there's a dhcp update.  You could probably just comment it
> > out, or change this routine to add your custom search information.  If
> > you do disable it though, remember that if your ISP changes your DNS
> > settings, they won't be reflected here. :)
>
> great, i just modified the script to add my info in each time.  that
> should take care of it.  thanks!

Of course, if apt-get ever updates dhclient, the package may overwrite
/etc/dhclient-script, so keep a seperate copy!!!!

| Ron Johnson, Jr.     mailto:ron.l.johnson@cox.net          |
| Jefferson, LA  USA   http://members.cox.net/ron.l.johnson  |
| "Basically, I got on the plane with a bomb. Basically, I   |
|  tried to ignite it. Basically, yeah, I intended to damage |
|  the plane."                                               |
|    RICHARD REID, who tried to blow up American Airlines    |
|                  Flight 63                                 |