Re: Programs to fill in pdf forms

On Fri, Jan 03, 2003 at 01:21:29PM -0800, Ross Boylan wrote:
| Are there any tools that will let me fill in forms in pdf?

acroread

| Ideally, the output would be pdf as well.

The only output acroread provides is via printing.  When run on a pdf
with a form to fill in acroread reports the following :

    To save form data you need to have Adobe Acrobat or Acrobat
    Approval.  This form can be completed and printed from Reader;
    however to save the data you need one of the viewers noted above.

If you come across any others , let us know!

(In case you didn't realize it already, printing generates PostScript
data and it is fairly easy to partially circumvent the above and
direct PS to a file instead of the printer.  Then you'll have the
completed form in PS format.  However, naturally, that doesn't let you
edit the form later, you would need to start over in acroread.)

-D

--
Q: What is the difference betwee open-source and commercial software?
A: If you have a problem with commercial software you can call a phone

http://dman.ddts.net/~dman/